Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Writing Gods Are Messing With Me

After the sting, the antidote. Case in point: Shortly after I got a bit of bad literary news (okay, fine--a rejection), I received this new, five-star review of my book by a British reader:

"It is so refreshing to see the issues raised in this book - Alzheimer's - dysfunctional families, etc not done in a syrupy American way. Well done. The characters did not go out of their way to be liked which gave it a more realistic quality."

Did this reviewer just insult the syrupy state of American Letters? I don't bloody well care. The man has impeccable taste and insight.

Point is: Sometimes when you most need it, you're reminded of why you write. Thanks, British Reader. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Sure thing. A writer just needs to write , whatever be the review, if that satiates one's creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to appreciate your work. Excellent work, In other words we can say nicely executed. Keep sharing. Thank you.
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciate your interesting blog! You need to share this more! Keep on the good work!

    Best Herbal Incense
    http://www.incenseandchemicals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly love your blog. It was very useful and it inspired me a whole lot. Thanks for sharing
    Buy Herbal Incense USA

    ReplyDelete